|The final product.... sorry for the potato picture. At least you get a picture this time.|
Ingredients (for Crust):
- 5 Graham crackers, finely crushed
- 2½ tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Ingredients (for cheesecake):
- 2 packages of softened cream cheese (8oz packs)
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sour cream
|Graham cracker mixture.|
- Mix together graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar in a bowl, stir until well blended.
- Pour graham cracker mixture into a greased spring-form pan and press the mixture down hard. You want a solid crust.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add sugar until well mixed. Be sure to scrape the sides of the mixer several times.
- Add the eggs one at a time on slow speed until well blended.
- Fold in the sour cream and vanilla extract by hand.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into the spring-form pan. Tap the bottom of the pan for about a minute onto a hard surface to get most of the bubbles out of the cheesecake. Cover the cheesecake with a paper towel and then a piece of foil.
- Add 1½ cups water to the pressure cooker and place a trivet on the bottom of the pressure cooker. Place the spring-form pan on the trivet and cook on high pressure for 43 minutes with a natural release.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pressure cooker and remove the foil. Make sure to tilt the pan just a bit to let excess water run off the foil. Let the cheesecake cool for an hour before placing it in the fridge overnight.
- Add toppings (if you like) to your cheesecake and enjoy!
- The paper towel is helpful to reduce condensation on the cheesecake. If you find you have some water on your cheesecake after cooking just use a paper towel to soak up the extra water.
- I think if you are going to make a cheesecake you should use full fat cream cheese and full fat sour cream. Don't try to make this healthier.. it's cheesecake.
- Add fresh strawberries, chocolate syrup, or raspberry jam on top of your cheesecake to make this an amazing dessert.
- I use the 6" Fat Daddio's pan. It can be found online or from Bed Bath and Beyond. Just don't forget your 20% off coupon and ONLY hand wash!
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the pan after removing the pan from the pressure cooker.
|This is just after running a knife around the edge. |
See how the cake pulled away from the edge of the pan? This is a good thing.
|Another "glamour" shot.... filled with bad lighting and poor focus. It helps hide my insecurities.|
Post a Comment